Gerry Amena's Suggestions for Health
Author: Lesley Thomson Date Posted:16 October 2022
Gerry Amena's Suggestions for Health
Author: Lesley Cocker
So many who knew Gerry asked for his 'suggestions' to be made available, so here it is.
A great many of my clients knew Gerry, either meeting him on his farm or speaking with him on the phone, sometimes for hours, he sure could talk and had many stories to tell.
Gerry was born in Holland in 1926 and died at his farm in Gunalda, Queensland, Australia in 2010. He had an exceptionally full life, he would tell tales of his work with the Dutch resistance during the 2nd World War and then of his work in the Medical Corp with the Dutch Army in Indonesia in the 50's. He emigratied to Australia in around 1957 and also lived for a great many years in the United States. Gerry lived in many rural and regional areas, growing vegetables in his organic market garden. He then developed his organic herb salt and his sea mineral products, believing that proper nutrition would make people healthier, as it did his plants. Gerry was an intuitive healer and could often tell what was ailing people just by looking at them. Many, many people still tell me stories of how he helped their uncle, wife, daughter, son etc.,.
I recently found an old copy of his 'protocol' and thought I would reproduce it here for those who are interested. Of course, this comes with the disclaimer that the protocol was never evaluated by the TGA, neither was the efficacy of the products and foods that he recommended. I simply type it here for Educational purposes only.
ESSENTIAL LIFESTYLE CHANGES AND SUPPLEMENTS***
- NO red meat. This includes beef, veal, ham, bacon, mutton, lamb, sausages and pork. Free range chicken and fish are ok. NO SMOKING OR ALCOHOL.
- Five injections 1000mcg Vitamin B12, one per fortnight. This must be of the form CYTAMIN, not neo-cytamin, which is synthetic.
- 1000 i.u. of natural Vitamin E capsules per day (must be in oil)
- Zinc Sulphate, 15mg maximum, one every second day for two months only.
- Freshly made fruit and vegetable juices - use combinations of carrots, apples, cabbage, lettuce, celery, and other fruit and veges. Drink as much as you like. We also recommend eating wholemeal products (such as wholemeal bread, pasta, oats and brown rice) in place of white bread, pasta or rice, as they provide much higher levels of essential nutrients.
- Two heaped teaspoons Green Barley or wheatgrass daily, mixed with water.
- No soya products (e.g. soy milk, tofu etc) unless fermented. No microwave food. No flouride toothpaste.
The Seamineral Products
Dosage - 1 teaspoon daily, best taken with the evening meal. Dilute in water or fruit juice before taking.
***(These were written sometime in the 1990's and were Gerrys opinion only. Always check with your chosen health professional before embarking on any different dietary/supplementation regime.)
I hope you enjoy reading this and, if you knew him, let it be a fond reminder of Gerry.
Disclaimer: The statements made regarding these products and/or ingredients are for education purposes only have not been evaluated by the Therapeutic Goods Administration. The efficacy of these products has not been confirmed by TGA-approved research. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. All information presented here is not meant as a substitute for, or alternative to, information from healthcare practitioners. Please consult your healthcare professional about potential interactions or other possible complications before using any product. We do not state or infer that our nutritional products should be used as a healing modality.